We’re here to help
Answers to your frequently asked questions.
Already a Rula patient? Login to our help center
Browse by category
Providers in Rula’s network are specialized in individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy and psychiatric care (i.e. medication management).
- Yes! Therapists on the Rula platform are in-network with most major insurance plans. Rula patients typically pay $15 per session, although your individual cost may vary based on your insurance benefits and deductible. We’ll work with your insurance to confirm your estimated per session cost before your first appointment. Ready to get started? Click here to browse available therapists who accept your insurance.
Individuals age 5 and older are eligible to receive care in any state where Rula is available.
- There’s no right or wrong reason to start therapy. Whether you’re seeking help navigating a life transition or managing symptoms of anxiety or depression, therapy is an effective treatment for many types of concerns – all you need is an open mind and a general sense of what you’d like to explore with a therapist. Still unsure? Head to our blog to learn more.
Absolutely. Rula’s network of 8000+ licensed therapists represent more than 80 clinical specialties and a diverse range of backgrounds – making it easier to find the care you need. Once you provide us with some basic information, we’ll generate a curated list of in-network therapists who are licensed in your state and accepting new patients. From there, you can filter by what matters most to you and explore individual biographies until you find a match. Ready to get started? Click here.
Therapists in Rula’s network are available to meet in as little as 48 hours from the time of booking. Click here to explore therapists and book your first session in minutes.
- It depends on your personal preferences and goals. Whether you’re seeking a therapist who specializes in certain mental health conditions, shares your ethnic background, or is available to meet at your preferred time – Rula makes it easy to search and filter by what matters most to you. If you don’t feel like your first choice was a match, don’t worry – we’ll help you switch to a different therapist in our network. Check out our blog post for more pointers on finding your best-fit therapist.
Rula specializes in online therapy – giving you the flexibility to meet with your therapist from wherever you’re most comfortable. We’ll send you an appointment reminder containing a secure link to your scheduled Zoom session approximately 24 hours before your session.
- No, Rula does not offer in-person therapy at this time – but there are many benefits to online therapy!
- If you’re experiencing severe symptoms that interfere with your daily functioning, you may want to consider starting with a psychiatric provider who can assess your needs and prescribe medication if deemed necessary.. If your symptoms are mild or moderate, therapy may be a better starting point. No matter where you begin your journey – your provider will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that’s based on your individual needs and concerns. Still unsure? Visit our blog to learn more about the differences.
Paying with Insurance
Rula accepts commercial plans from most major insurance carriers including Aetna, Anthem / Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Kaiser (by referral), Optum, Oscar, and United Healthcare. These vary by state. We can also work with some employer-based plans not listed. We do not currently accept Medicaid or Medicare plans, though we hope to in the future.
No, Rula does not charge any fees. You’re only responsible for any applicable out-of-pocket expenses determined by your insurance – in other words, if your plan requires a $20 copay, that’s the most you would pay.
Rula patients typically pay $15 per session, although your individual cost may vary based on your insurance benefits and deductible. As a benefit of using Rula, we’ll contact your insurance carrier and provide you with an estimate of your per session cost before your first appointment!
If you have a PPO plan, you may have out-of-network benefits that allow you to receive care from providers who do not accept your insurance plan. If that’s the case, Rula will charge you the cash rate and you may submit a receipt to your insurer for potential reimbursement.
Although Rula is in-network with most major insurance plans, we understand that not everyone is covered by insurance. Rula offers a cash rate of $150/session for individual therapy and $165/session for families or couples. The cash rate for psychiatry sessions is $350 for an initial 60-minute intake session and $150 for 30-minute follow-up sessions. You can also use your HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Savings Account) to cover out-of-pocket expenses.
Yes! You can use your HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Savings Account) to cover out-of-pocket expenses. You’ll have the option to enter your card as the payment method on file, or you may submit a receipt to your HSA/FSA provider for reimbursement.
Rula does not currently participate in EAP networks, but we are in-network with most major insurers. You can also use your HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Savings Account) to cover eligible out-of-pocket expenses.